GPS Hardware and Software

Tracking my search with my Garmin 305

Postby abelisle » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Here's my latest ramblings in Van Cortlandt Park recorded on Garmin Connect:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/46249889
abelisle

Re: Tracking my search with my Garmin 305

Postby halijusapa » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am

Is yours the FORERUNNER 305? I have a 205 and while I see those kinds of things on the software itself when I connect my Forerunner to the computer I didn't realize you can post this kind of stuff online. I'm assuming if I'm right about what GPS you have I can do it since the only difference between the 205 and the 305 is the heart rate monitor (also if so really cool to see someone else uses a Forerunner to cache.....I love having it on my wrist instead of holding it and great satellite reception and accuracy but some hardcore cachers "pooh pooh" it because of the small B&W screen, the lack of mapping ability (beyond the old standard "Etrex" map) and the 100 waypoint limit; but it works great for me).

Thanks for sharing!
halijusapa

Re: Tracking my search with my Garmin 305

Postby abelisle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm

I have the 305 which I've used primarily for running and cycling but I find it an effective tool for recording all my tracks for my days when I geocache. I usually hike out to Pelham Bay Park but drive to Van Cortlandt park.

I use my Garmin Colorado 400t with its topo maps for detecting a find. Problem is the tree cover this time of the year.
abelisle

Return to GPSr Related