Garmin 'H' series

GPS Hardware and Software

Garmin 'H' series

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:08 pm

I like my yellow e-trex's but everyone says they don't work in tree cover and have questionable accuracy. I agree to a point but 1,000 caches later I have no need for bells and whistles. I saw that they created the H series with better accuracy. I picked up a ET100H and have used it in Manhattan and have gotten signals and haven't had any tree problems (well it is winter) Same price but battery time reduced from 18 hours to 14. I like it. And I got accuracy on Saturday down to 5 feet.
Tatanka49

Re: Garmin 'H' series

Postby hallycat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:41 pm

I recently (two weeks ago) upgraded my Vista CX for and HCx. It even gets a signal 20 feet from my windows in my apt!! Looking forward to trying it in the city to see the difference.
It is ready to go much quicker then the Cx was, and along with the 500 extra waypoints it holds I am really happy with my purchase.
I was looking at prices and it was 30 less then I paid for my Cx last March, free shipping.
I was able to sell the old one quickly and for what I thought was a decent price on the geocaching garage sale forum.
hallycat

Re: Garmin 'H' series

Postby Luckyboy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 pm

I'm looking forward to reading more user reports on what everyone uses and which GPS units are best for geocaching.
I struggle with a Garmin Nuvi 650 from my car. Its not really a hand held and battery life is limited to just a few hours after removing it from 12 volts. It does work for me though, and I've done some "work arounds" to make hunting a little easier with this unit.

Been considering either the Garmin 60 series or the 76 series. Just need more time to get opinions. :P :oops:
Luckyboy

Return to GPSr Related