[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - May 3- Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3)

May 3- Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3)

Are you interested in attending a picnic on Staten Island?

Yes
63%
No
No votes
Maybe
38%

Total votes : 8

May 3- Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3)

Postby lekogm » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:46 pm

So I have created an event cache, Staten Island Caching by Bike (GC18RJ3), for April 26th, 2008. I'm hoping to get out there and bike around the island doing some caching and I think it'd be great to have some people to go with. Like Tatanka49 said, there's a lot of caching to be done there but no one goes there.

I have not decided on a route yet, but I know I want to make it to, 1776 Phase 2 British Juggernaut-Revolutionary War (GC12PCB). So maybe taking the Staten Island Railway to the end of the line and biking back from there is in order. Or just biking out there and hitting caches to/from there. I'm open to suggestions.

Does anyone think they'd be interested in coming with?

***EDIT 02/10/2008***

So after this event had been archived, I've changed the name, found a park, and will hopefully be getting it published. The new name is Staten Island Potluck Picnic with the same waypoint. Any further updates on this event will be posted here. If you want to help plan this event, check out this topic:

Thanks!
Last edited by lekogm on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Re: Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3) 04/26/2008

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm

It is unfortunate that I can't be there (unless you change the date--I like May 3, actually). I'll be returning from New Mexico that day. There is a $25 permit charge that needs a 60 day lead time. If I could have made it, I could have brought a large tarp for liquid sunshine. For those without wheels, it's about an hour's trip by bus from SI Ferry terminal. But the bus stops at the main gate. You should (or we should) take a ride down there to look at picnic areas, parking, restrooms, etc. I can help, even if I won't be there.
Tatanka49

Re: Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3) 05/03/2008

Postby Tatanka49 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Thank-you for the change. Do you want me to get the permit? It costs $25. You need 3 names and addresses. I can use mine and Paul's but I will need a 3rd...how about it, Greg? BTW--No alcohol allowed in the park. Hope that doesn't deter anyone. I volunteer to go down there this week if you wish to check it out.
Tatanka49

Postby lekogm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:45 pm

I think that'll work. I guess I can be the third wheel........... :P When do you want to go down there?
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Tatanka49 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I have to check with paul. I can go Thursday or Friday or Saturday. Since Paul again has a real job (okay, it's been a year) he can usually only do Saturdays. What's best for you?
Tatanka49

Postby lekogm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Friday is best for me unless you want to do Thursday night after 5pm.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Tatanka49 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:00 am

Friday works for me. I will contact you privately.

J
Tatanka49

Re: May 3- Staten Island Potluck Picnic (GC18RJ3)

Postby tomflushing » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:12 pm

For these types of events I think a special email should go out to all members as I don't think that enough registered members visit this site often enough.
tomflushing

Postby Tatanka49 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:00 am

I have often said that which is why I wanted to maintain the Google Group. Hey, Paul, can we do mass mailings through the site?
Tatanka49

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I stopped by there 2 weeks ago. Lots of tables, nearby bathroom and plenty of trees. I believe there was a playground. The entrance road is not well marked. If you are coming down Hylan Blvd, pass tyhe middle school and tyhen entrance is on your left. There is a stop sign for park, but no lights on Hylan. There is a bus stop on Hylan---but is about a quarter mile walk in.
Tatanka49

Postby cookiequeen » Thu May 01, 2008 5:25 am

Hope the weather will hold out. We will bring brownies, cookies and chips. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
cookiequeen

Return to 2010- Earlier Events