[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Instructor Group (google group excerpt)

Instructor Group (google group excerpt)

Instructor Group (google group excerpt)

Postby paulo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:00 pm

paulo
Site Admin

Re: Instructor Group (google group excerpt)

Postby peeves79 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:36 pm

Sounds cool. To help get more people into geocaching we can (as an organization) do some simple advertisements for our hobby. Like flyers pinned up on boards at libraries and stuff. What do you think?
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby lekogm » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Urban Caching is nothing like Rural Caching. Before I moved to the city, I used to just go wander around in the woods and never see anyone, now wherever I go there's about 100 people just milling about let alone passing by. The other day I was wandering through central park introducing a friend of mine to caching and low and behold some guy was traipsing around the area where the cache was with his GPSr held up in the air and people were starting to stop, watch what he was doing, and start commenting on it. I don't know if visiting cachers understand that stealth in a city like ours is nothing like being in a "city" in a rural area. Maybe an urban/stealth caching 101 event would be a good thing.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Tatanka49 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I've done three GC auctions with my church. We run a fun auction each spring. I had people pay $15 each to the church coffers so I could tramp around central Park with them and kids to find some caches and have a blast. I've done this twice. I also have a GC 102 auction event pending for some date in future where we will be doing Urban Caching. I have some little kids but I will have to deal with that. I am concerned about Traffic in the East Village.
Tatanka49

Return to 2010- Earlier Events