[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - How do you plan a CITO?

How do you plan a CITO?

How do you plan a CITO?

Postby lekogm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:40 pm

So while searching for a cache over the past summer, I went to an area that is just full of trash. While I was there I thought, "hmmm.... this place should be cleaned up." But at the time I was busy and even though I carried out a lot of trash, there was still a lot more left. Then I got to thinking, "I should plan a CITO for here." And then I just forgot, but now that I have remembered I wanted to ask, what is needed to do a CITO? Do you need permits? Waivers? Anything particular?
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Re: How do you plan a CITO?

Postby Tatanka49 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Whether we organized this illustrious group or not, I was thinking of doing a CITO. I have the contact info for Forest Park-, Queens -where I have 6 caches. The park is a 'dump' in areas. I might consider a picnic event in the spring as well and it might be a tie in. We can go anywhere, but I started info gathering for this one.

The biggest needs for CITO's is who's going to haul the trasjh away? and how do we do fellowship at the event.

May take a CITO committee to work this all out.
Tatanka49

Postby lekogm » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:23 am

I think that hauling the trash away is really the main problem. But, if we're in a city park, then I'm sure they'll have a way to haul away the trash.

As for fellowship, all that is needed is a grill, a grill master, and a lot of picnic tables and you've got a party. Maybe having some contests during this would be appropriate? Such as, "Most Garbage Collected," "Weirdest Item Collected," and "Biggest Item collected," could be included.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Tatanka49 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 am

Sounds like I hear a volunteer to chair this event!
Tatanka49

Postby hallycat » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Windryder1 organized a cito on Long Island. I know her name was on the roster along with hubby yesterday and they didn't make it.
Of course, she also was affiliated with the park that we had it at....but I bet she can help.
hallycat

Postby Dog and Bear » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Planning a CITCO event is not that hard, and in NYC I’m sure it can be easy. First we want to pick a location a park or place we like to clean up. We can even pick a state park to do. Next we approach parks and recreation or state park and share with them your attentions, since its part of beautification, I’m sure they will be open to your event, ask them where can we put the garbage we accumulate they will probably have a place and they will have sanitation remove it. And a lot of times they are willing to give bags to collect the debris. Communication is the key, and the leg work is next.
Dog and Bear

Postby buttaskotch » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 am

The last time I CITO'd while cached I found some really sad and disgusting things, which made me reconsider doing CITO, maybe an CITO event will have me go back and CITO again. BTW, what people dump in parks makes me see how truly inhumane and sick some people are :x
buttaskotch

Return to 2010- Earlier Events