[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - April 26 - Alley Pond Environmental Center CITO

April 26 - Alley Pond Environmental Center CITO

April 26 - Alley Pond Environmental Center CITO

Postby Bonick0 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:54 am

Date: April 26
Time: 10am-12pm
Place: 228-06 Northern Blvd, Douglaston, NY 11363

This is annual Arbor Day celebration. Participants will help plant trees, shrubs, and beautify the park.

We will clean up the trails behind the center.

If you can, please donate a native shrub for the park: Winterberry, Native Holly, Red Osier Dogwood, Inkberry, Mountain Laurel, Blueberry, Raspberry, or Swamp Rose.

I will post additional info, and the cache page link as they become available.
Attachments
Schedule_08.jpg
General event schedule
Schedule_08.jpg (288.41 KiB) Viewed 12878 times
Bonick0

Re: April 26 - Alley Pond Environmental Center CITO

Postby Tatanka49 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Was this now cleared by GC.com?
Tatanka49

Postby Bonick0 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:11 am

GC1ABZ8 . Apparently it helps if you check the review box when resubmitting the page. Yeah...

I'm meeting with the APEC lady on Friday to decide what area and how much of it we'll be responsible for.
Bonick0

Postby Bonick0 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:44 pm

I met with the organizer today, and she turned out to be a fun creative type who is now fascinated with geocaching. I brought her some handouts, local cache info, and explained the game while we were walking around. She asked if we would be interested in teaching a geocaching class on August 14th for the summer interns.

As far as CITO - we picked out a key area to focus on. It's a DEP outflow for city street water that brings with it all sorts of trash. I wish I had pictures to show you guys - it's a complete mess back there. We will start there and work our way back to the beginning of the trail. They will have trash picking sticks and garbage bags for us, but be sure to bring work gloves and wear waterproof shoes (I got completely soaked today).
Bonick0

Postby Tatanka49 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 pm

I checked my calendar (yes I DO keep a calendar 6 months in advance) and I am available to teach GC that day. My canned workshop runs about 2 hours.
Tatanka49

Postby Bonick0 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 pm

I will probably be working that day, as it is a Thursday. John, I will email you the summer program info, and the contact info so you won't need a middle man :)
Bonick0

Postby hallycat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 pm

As I said when we met at the Tiki event I really want to make this one. I love AP. I volunteer to CITO the men's boxers I found while looking for Charlotte's Web (which I DNF) :D
hallycat

Postby Bonick0 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Alright people, just a couple days to go. I will be posting some info on the cache page by Wed. If you plan to attend - please RSVP at gc.com. Lots of work awaits us at the event, but the reward will be generous (pending any disagreements with the Admin).

See you all there!
Bonick0

Postby Bonick0 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Good times were had by all today! Thank you to everyone who came out and helped clean up Alley Pond a little. I hope you had a marvelous day - check out photos on gc.com. I'll start working on the July event and will keep you all posted. :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG (3.2 MiB) Viewed 12716 times
Bonick0

Postby hallycat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Sorry I didn't make it, looks like a good time was had by all. :(

And the CSI cache series looks like fun. Will look forward to trying them out.
hallycat

Postby ODragon » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:53 am

As with all events, I had a great time. Thanks for setting this up. I hope to get to more Metro NY GC events!
ODragon

Postby Bonick0 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Look what we got:
Attachments
SAVE0026.JPG
SAVE0026.JPG (832.32 KiB) Viewed 12629 times
Bonick0

Postby addisonbr » Mon May 19, 2008 7:44 pm

Wow Bonick! That is great!

Are you going to hang it in the New York Metro Geocaching Society offices?
addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 pm

That;s great. Maybe Paulo can figure out some way of "hanging:" it on this site.

BTW-- I e-mailed her about Aug 14 and never got an acknowledgment. It's only been a week so we'll see.
Tatanka49

Postby paulo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:28 pm

paulo
Site Admin

Return to 2010- Earlier Events