[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Travel Bugs, Geocoins, Pathtags

Re: Coin Poll

Postby spungebob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Brett, very nice job with the coins. Thanks for all the time you put into it. And for the rest of you (If you where like me)...........

pe·nul·ti·mate (pĭ-nŭl'tə-mĭt)
adj.
Next to last.
Linguistics Of or relating to the penult of a word: penultimate stress.
n. The next to the last.

[From Latin paenultimus; see penult.]
pe·nul'ti·mate·ly adv.

By the way, I'm really looking foward to figuring out 'Colonists'
spungebob

Re: Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Postby Autorita » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Ordered 2 as well if I did everything correctly.
Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby addisonbr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:23 pm

And they're (finally) off!

I intended to send the order to the minters a couple of weeks ago but ran into a little problem... Long story short, because the Metro PayPal account wasn't connected to a credit card or bank account, there was no way to get money *out* of the account. We could receive payments fine, oh sure. But not send payments, nor make withdrawals. A clever trick on PayPal's part really. "The bank that only accepts deposits."

I worked for a while to see if there was some sort of workaround where I could avoid linking anyone's personal financial information to the account, but ultimately failed. I think it's just really hard to do in this post-9/11 world. Nevertheless, I did eventually figure out a way to add my own credit card to the account (even though my last name is not, in fact, "Geocaching Society", as the system insisted on insisting). Not a perfect solution, but it'll work for now.

In the meantime, the order has been sent to the minters. The final scoop:

Pre-orders taken: 236 coins (75 gold, 161 silver)
Order sent: 250 coins (75 gold, 175 silver)

That leaves us with a handful of coins we can offer to folks at events. We project a surplus of about $200 or so from the coin sale, of which about $100 will go to Tatanka49 to reimburse him for the Metro banner, and I'll use the other $100 to buy mailing supplies (we already collected for actual postage).

When I hear back from the minters on an estimated delivery date I'll report it here.

Congratulations on a successful project!
addisonbr

Postby ruthny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks for going to all that trouble to get this done on behalf of all of us!
ruthny

Postby addisonbr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am

We expect the coins to ship from the minters on May 11th - I'll try to get them in the mail to the pre-order folks shortly thereafter...
addisonbr

Postby Autorita » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby halijusapa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 am

halijusapa

Postby Autorita » Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Any updates on the coins being shipped to those who ordered them? Last I heard they were to be shipped from the minter on May 11th and then to us thereafter. I know it has only been 2 weeks but just wondering before I forget!

Thanks. :D
Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby addisonbr » Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

They're in! I was in California much of last week but I'm now happily staring at a box full of coins. They turned out great! They will be shipped this week. Feel free to email me with any questions!
addisonbr

Postby Eltoro76 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 am

Just received my coins yesterday. They look great! Thanks for putting this order together.
Mauricio aka ElToro76
Eltoro76

Postby Child Of Atom » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:51 am

I have mine as well! I am so proud of this design! In my personal opinion the silver ones look best, but I can't wait to start spreading these far and wide!
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby BLAA » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes - THANK YOU - the coin looks great. A lot of work went into making this happen - THANKS again!
BLAA

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm

addisonbr

Postby OKH » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Did I get to this party too late or can I order a few?
OKH

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:51 pm

addisonbr

PreviousNext

Return to Trackables