[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - The great Indoors???

The great Indoors???

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

The great Indoors???

Postby Tatanka49 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Interesting article about how kids hate to go outside nowadays. Perhaps GC is the answer that the families are looking for!

Tatanka49

Re: The great Indoors???

Postby halijusapa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:43 pm

We very much think so! It is sad that too many kids are inside playing Nintendo all day and as someone who loves BOTH tech and the outdoors I'm glad there's a thing like caching. It really does get our kids out and all.....
halijusapa

Postby peeves79 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Don't diss nintendo. I have been an advent gamer since I can remember. But I always found the time to get out and play baseball, soccer, hike, ski and "hang out" in the park as well. I think that kids follow after their parents. If all they see is there parents sitting around every night watching TV I think that sucks. My parents always took the time and took us out to places of interest as well as educational value. They also backed us up with what ever sport we picked up. Not only would they watch but get involved with the team as well. So I think lazy parents develop lazy kids. Thats my 2 cents anyways.
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby halijusapa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Sometimes I inadvertantly come out much stronger than I intended. My point was intended to be more of "balance", while I'm not very into Nintendo per se, I've long been an avid fan of video games in general and my 6 and 4 year old are too. Back when I was about 12 or 13, I was an avid "early adopter" of the Atari home games, but I also would go with my BMX bike into Hunts Woods a lot as well (I now have 2 hides there....neat little place....have to replace one of the hides when I can) and played a lot of sports. My point was kids (and as you note peeves, parents too!) for whom it is their only non-school/work/sleep activity, not Nintendo/vid games per se. I hope that clarifies it, sorry for the confusion.
halijusapa

Return to GeoCaching