[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - 2010 Metro GC Award Nominees!

2010 Metro GC Award Nominees!

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

2010 Metro GC Award Nominees!

Postby addisonbr » Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 pm

The nominations are in and finally (!) tallied up. Thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions - it was a lot to go through (which is a great problem to have). Ballots will go out in email this weekend. (If you don't receive one please contact me directly.)

Here they are...

Cleverest Hide / Best Camo
Ahhh Nutz! by asosa
Center of Promenade by pelagori
Chocolate Candy Cane by dcsummerk
Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen! by snegrin
Transit Alternatives by everettlane

Best Location / View
Aqualung by walpurgis23
Brooklyn Bridge Park by pelagori & Matt Tracker 1
Eye Love J.C by E.L. Black
"The Little Red Lighthouse" A Kid Friendly Puzzle by Sue&Barry
Siwanoy Trail #1 by abelisle

Best Hike
Green Lantern Corps by gerkmax
Inwood Hill Park - ZP1 by zpuca, amypuca
Legion of Doom: Giganta by gerkmax
Old Tree Falling Down by coringa212
River View by rugby67

Most Satisfying Puzzle
The Fortune of William Kitts by everettlane
Gettin' Schooled by boo-boo bear
It Begins at Hells Gate by Harry Dolphin & Andy Bear
It Begins at the Farmers' Gate by childofatom
PMC2: The Spy of Cadman Plaza by addisonbr

Best Series
Branch Brook Park Power Trail by slukster
Kissena Park by *Jeremy*
Lantern Series by gerkmax
NCT by H2"O"
The Puzzles of William Kitts by everettlane
Red Hook by ANNARCHY

Best Log
Inwood Hill Park - ZP1 by zpuca, amypuca, logs
Owls Nest by BUGLET21, log
Pill Popper NYC by lefalaf, log
Red Lantern Corps by gerkmax, log
Stein-Goldie Triangle by *Jeremy*, log

Best of the Bronx
The Family Tree by Behistun
"How's your balance?" by abelisle
Muskrat Cove by Don Firebomb
Orange Lantern Corps by gerkmax
We Didn't Start the Fire by ARC HUNTER

Best of Brooklyn
A Bit of Art History: Audubon Cache by GeoMiss
Flt 826 Flt 266 50 years by schbus86
The Formula of William Kitts by everettlane
PMC2 - Report on Subject RH24Z9 ("The Professor") by everettlane and pelagori
Ravine Cache by pelagori

Best of Manhattan
It Begins at the Woodsman's Gate by childofatom
The HighishLine by SpudNYC
Picnic Tom by addisonbr
Three Card Monte by ruthny
World Trade Center 9/11 Survivor's Fountain by snegrin

Best of Queens
Ilse Metzger by *Jeremy* by
Forest Park 3.1 by Tatanka49
Take the Bridge by *Jeremy*
Welcome to Hollis Hills by Mbomber33
The White Rabbit by Buttaskotch

Best of Staten Island
Allison's Wonderland by cinderblox, the good councilors
Family Stroll #1 'Turtle Tree' by TeaManTom
The Haunted Hill of Heyerdahl by Americas Army
Nickie's First by Nickie&Nellie
Say Hello to Alice! by fdavino

Best Outside of NYC
It Ain't Easy by AtWitt'sEnd
Meadowbrook & Northern by coffeebiker
Out of the Caches by Carlos_Caches
Paddling the Meadowlands by mblatch
TMP Quest 5 (The Encounter) by TeamMagicParrot

Cache of the Year
Bond... James Bond by buzzy_cacher and "M"
Brooklyn's Finest "Mortar Tube" by dcsummerk
Forest Hills Fairy Tale by bonick0
PMC2: Culper Junior by childofatom
TMP Quest - The Final by TeamMagicParrot
addisonbr

Re: 2010 Metro GC Award Nominees!

Postby Bonick0 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Thank you for the nomination.

I seriously need to get back into city caching - I don't think I've done a single one of these caches.
Bonick0

Postby Tatanka49 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 am

I am so impressed by the listings! There has to be dozens of cachers on the list and many are newer players. We have certainly become an eclectic band! Congratulations to all nominees and thank-you to every one who enjoys and plays this game.
Tatanka49

Postby ruthny » Sat May 21, 2011 7:55 am

Thank you for the nomination, and thanks, Brett, for doing all the work!
ruthny

Postby *Jeremy* » Sat May 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Thank you for the nominations. I was impressed to be nominated with some well known cachers. Some of them I have only heard of by reputation while others I have been lucky enough to meet.
*Jeremy*

Postby schbus86 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for the nomination. I think ALL the nominee's are winners. :D
schbus86

Postby addisonbr » Sat May 21, 2011 10:26 pm

addisonbr

Postby Americas Army » Mon May 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks very much for this nomination. All of the nominees for Best of Staten Island have marvelous cache sites, so after you've cast your ballot, please take the time to visit each of these and the other wonderful Staten Island caches. Some of my favorites are (because it's just the greatest spot bar none), (because it was my first, and you should always remember your first), and while some might find it odd, (because it's in the most unlikely of spots, and magicsteve is a madman with all that geological info).

[Begin selfless promo]
I do truly hope that the reader takes the time to visit some of these great cache locations, and in particular, my own; . For years the Greenbelt has been in jeopardy from land developers and unscrupulous politicians. The only defense of these precious lands is awareness, and Geocaching is an excellent vehicle to heighten public awareness. I defy anyone to stand on Heyerdahl Hill and not feel the urge to raise up in defiance of any proposed development. As probably the most remote location in all on New York City, Heyerdahl Hill deserves the right to remain unchanged.
[End Selfless Promo]

Good luck to all the nominees!

Americas Army

Postby addisonbr » Mon May 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Ballots have been mailed. If you did not receive a ballot but wish to, please contact me directly.

Results to be announced the first week of June!
addisonbr

Postby ANNARCHY » Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 am

We were so surprised to receive the news that our Red Hook series was a 2011 Nominee for Best Series. We are honored: THANK YOU. As someone else said so eloquently: all cachers are winners! :geek: :twisted: :mrgreen: ANNARCHY in Red Hook
ANNARCHY in Red Hook, Brooklyn
ANNARCHY

Postby everettlane » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

Well, as they say, it's an honor just to be nominated! And in such august company!

So when do we have the red carpet event? Do we alert the paparazzi? Will there be bloggers eagerly covering the "Georgies"? And whatever shall I wear?
everettlane

Postby ruthny » Wed May 25, 2011 8:04 am

ruthny

Postby coringa212 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 am

Thank you for the nomination ....
coringa212

Postby hallycat » Fri May 27, 2011 12:23 pm

There will be a group going into NYC this weekend, so hang on we may actually do a few of the nominated caches!

I think there are only a handful on there I have actually done sheeesh :)

Congrats to all for being nominated!
hallycat

Postby Bonick0 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Picked up the Best of Queens caches today. I'm ready to vote!
Bonick0

Next

Return to GeoCaching