[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Typo got me banned. Someone please help me.

Typo got me banned. Someone please help me.

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Typo got me banned. Someone please help me.

Postby Coldgears » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:15 pm

"In a thread about ignoring caches, you posted the following: "I have the same, issue. God da--ed Delaware reviewer and the New Jersey border!" I have hidden this post from view, because it violates our forum guidelines. This post is disrespectful to a Groundspeak volunteer (and that part of your post is off topic). Your language is also unacceptable - do not use blank spaces to overcome the built-in forum filters, and do not rely on those filters to clean up your potty mouth

You've been warned previously about violations of our forum guidelines. During a three day suspension of your forum posting privileges, please take a moment to review those guidelines, found here: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... boardrules During this suspension, do not attempt to post under any alternate or "sock puppet" account. Future violations of the forum guidelines may result in a longer or even permanent suspension of your posting privileges in the Groundspeak Forums."

I made a typo. This was the post

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... pic=264124

"Sorry if this is a FAQ - but is there any way to "bulk ignore" a group of caches in an area? I know I can add individual caches to my Ignore list, but is there a way to send a large group to that list?

(my scenario: my local cache search is picking up hundreds of caches from the other side of a nearby river, however these caches are not really "close" to me considering the travelling time it would take me to get there. Even though they are showing as 10 miles away "as the crow flies", it would take me nearly 2 hours to drive there. So I'm looking to ignore them all for now so they dont appear in my searches...).

TIA!"

As you can see I obviously meant to say the Delaware RIVER not reviewer. Now I'm banned WTF.
Coldgears

Re: Typo got me banned. Someone please help me.

Postby addisonbr » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm

I believe you, it looks like just a typo / mental slip of the keyboard.

But I think you're dead in the water on your bannination. Even if they believe your explanation, they've still got you dead to rights on working around the cursing filters. And if you've been warned before, they're not going to think that a three-day suspension is unfair. You'll never win that challenge.

My advice is to email the person who banninated you, along with the Delaware reviewer, and explain that you meant to type the Delaware River and are embarrassed and apologetic about how it looked - but that in all sincerity no offense was intended and you didn't even mean to say *anything* about the Delaware reviewer.

But you should also include that you are sorry about trying to bypass the language filters and will accept your three-day vacation with humility.

That will go a lot further than trying to overturn the ban which - I gotta tell you - is extremely unlikely to get lifted regardless of the reviewer / river mixup.

In the grand scheme of things 3 days is no big deal, see you on the boards there next week!
addisonbr

Postby Coldgears » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Coldgears

Postby halijusapa » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah, it's just 3 days, many on the Groundspeak forums (or on all of GC.com for that matter) have been banned FOR LIFE! And not always for something that deserved it......consider yourself lucky. And if there ever really is a time you want to rank on a reviewer; come on here and do it (we talk about NY Admin all the time). ;)
halijusapa

Postby Harry Dolphin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 am

That's actually a pretty funny typo. Sometimes the fingers move faster than the brain. I've posted some bad typos myself.
The Geocaching fora try to be "family friendly", so you should also not use the acronym with which you ended your post here. For not upoading caches across the 'reviewer', you can use GPX files and just download ones in Pennsylvania and Delaware. (Bearing in mind that the Delaware boundary with New Jersey goes right against the New Jersey shoreline.)
For now, just say "Oh, well". and proof read your posts before posting them.
Harry Dolphin

Postby peeves79 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Return to GeoCaching