[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Have you been secretly observed by another cacher?

Have you been secretly observed by another cacher?

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Have you been secretly observed by another cacher?

Postby abelisle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am

I got this feeling this morning when I went out to check on one of my caches that a cacher I saw in the vicinity as I rode by the site on my mountain bike had left some cans of bug spray at the site but he himself was not there. When I initially saw him, I just continued to ride by and as far as I know he didn't see me but if he went back to his car in the nearby parking area, he could have had a pair of binoculars and just waited to see if anyone else came by and watch what they were doing?

I'm being paranoid, right? :-)
abelisle

Re: Have you been secretly observed by another cacher?

Postby Kbd71 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Twice, both times by the same cacher, who proceeded to scare the crap out of me.
Kbd71

Postby lefalaf » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:20 pm

lefalaf

Postby lefalaf » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:26 pm

I've encountered other cachers in NYC, here in PA, and several other states. The funniest was in Central Park where we waited for a guy to finish fishing and then we started to look after he walked away. He watched briefly and then came over and his first words were: "I'm not a muggle."

In my experience, everyone tends to introduce themselves right away and we have a great chat / search, though I have seen a few who were too shy or maybe didn't realize I was part of the inner circle of loons with a GPS. :lol:

Sometimes, I do feel like I'm being watched - not necessarily by cachers. Certain types of caches just lend themselves to that...
lefalaf

Postby gerkmax » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Kris, I considered hiding behind a tree and doing the same to Brett when I saw him walking over to "Kiwi Kache" (). But I wasn't 100% sure it was him, another cacher, or worse... an armed muggle.

I was almost hoping to see someone with a GPS receiver the night "Inwood Park ZP1" was published. (insert evil laugh here)
gerkmax

Postby Child Of Atom » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby addisonbr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:43 pm

addisonbr

Postby gerkmax » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 pm

It's definitely an experience. A crazy experience, but an experience none the less.

I meant, going into the park at night is an experience, not the getting knifed part.
gerkmax

Postby slukster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 pm

I have been the one secretly watching other cachers. A couple of my POPS caches are near my work so I occassionally sit nearby them and see if anyone comes looking for them. Another cache that isn't even mine I keep a VERY close eye on. Do you recognize the location?

Cachers entering the GZ area
Cacher making the find
Fellow cacher stopping by to say hi

I am watching you!!!! LOL
slukster

Postby addisonbr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Looks like Walk Through Water to me. So that would make the cacher TSmith441?

That whole setup is kind of creepy.
addisonbr

Postby lefalaf » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Too bad they don't allow new webcam caches... :mrgreen:
lefalaf

Postby slukster » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 pm

slukster

Postby halijusapa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

halijusapa

Postby Harry Dolphin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Harry Dolphin

Postby addisonbr » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm

addisonbr

Next

Return to GeoCaching