[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Battery Park City?

Battery Park City?

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Battery Park City?

Postby addisonbr » Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Saw this in a log by Packanack for , just before it was archived by New York Admin:

"...I was told to notify the owner , my club and my organization that geocaches are not allowed in Battery Park City--as they present security concerns, and it is private property. The officer did tell me they had removed several of them from the area."

Does anyone know if that's true - have the police or private security removed several caches from Battery Park City? I wonder if the officer is getting games mixed up - maybe they've found other stuff and are assuming it's all part of the same thing.

I notice that despite the nice weather, the nearby hasn't been found in over a month, even though Teardrop had been found a few times since. But other caches in the area seem to be fine.
addisonbr

Re: Battery Park City?

Postby pelagori » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

i am sure battery park isn't private property, and don't think teardrop park isn't either - based on this it's public space: http://www.pps.org/great_public_spaces/ ... ace_id=869

perhaps the security guard was overstepping his mark. it would be interesting to see him go try find the cache at an gorta mor which even some experienced geocachers have had problems laying their hands on......
... (AKA Nick).
pelagori

Postby addisonbr » Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 am

addisonbr

Postby Eltoro76 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeah, I was a bit surprised when I read the log and not sure the officer is correct. I had a decon in the spot which am quite sure was conpromised as a number of GCs/TBs have gone missing. I replaced with a preform tube recently, so a bit tougher to find and think may still be there but no matter as it's been archived. Will have to check on An Gorta Mor one of these days but suspect still there unless some extensive landscarping was done. The other's along the promenade appear to be fine as have been receiving found logs.
Curious how NY Admin got wind of the situation at Teardrop. Went ahead and archived it right away but left all the others in the area in play. Not going to fight it. Cache had a pretty good run and willing to sacrifice one for the good of the rest.
Mauricio aka ElToro76
Eltoro76

Postby halijusapa » Thu May 27, 2010 5:33 am

Maybe the officer watched a certain episode of Law and Order SVU or NUMB3RS? :roll:
halijusapa

Postby Child Of Atom » Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I think the security guards at Battery Park City just in general.
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Return to GeoCaching