[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Moral: Don't Lie to the Reviewer

Moral: Don't Lie to the Reviewer

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Moral: Don't Lie to the Reviewer

Postby addisonbr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 6b4f57f570

Saw this cache the other day... The first couple of finders noted that the coordinates were way off, more than 100 feet, and one posted the readings he got at the site in his log (since edited out). Turns out the cache had originally been published with those coords, but there was a proximity issue. The owner submitted new coords, but didn't actually move the cache. The reported coords were of course basically the same as the originally published coords, which unsurprisingly ticked OReviewer off.

Don't lie folks.
addisonbr

Re: Moral: Don't Lie to the Reviewer

Postby OKH » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:59 pm

ooof - that's embarassing
OKH

Postby peeves79 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:23 pm

looks like they completely retracted the cache b/c I can see any details in the link you posted.
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby Bonick0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Silly people, the truth will always come out.
Bonick0

Postby halijusapa » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

And the stupidest thing in doing that is he's one of the more "cacher friendly" reviewers IMHO. :D
halijusapa

Postby Harry Dolphin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Ah. Some cachers seems to put many caches without paying attention to proximity regulations. (Not his first one with proximity issues.) One wonders what other guidelines they do not pay attention to. One also wonders with the wide area covered about maintenance problems? Drop caches where ever you go caching? (At least he's been editing his spelling and grammar, albeit after publication.) I saw a new cache pop up about fifteen miles south of me, but also listed as archived. Actually retracted. I jokingly expressed sorrow, on a forum, that it had disappeared, because I wanted to run out and find that one. One of the reviewers told me that it was the same cache hider. "Contact this person and maybe he'll let you retrieve the container, but you won't get a smiley." One does not build a good reputation with the reviewers this way.
Ah, to have the energy to hide 132 caches in less than a year!
Harry Dolphin

Postby OKH » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:42 am

Can you honestly maintain 132 caches? I have 6 that I check on (one every day since it's on my dog's walk) regularly and it can be a chore.
OKH

Postby addisonbr » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 am

I wonder about that... There's a guy in Minnesota I think who has hidden over 2000 caches and I find myself wondering how that's even remotely plausible to stay on top of.
addisonbr

Postby halijusapa » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 pm

halijusapa

Postby addisonbr » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm guessing other areas of the country don't have the density issues that Metro does.

Here's a link to his profile:

2160 hides to date, including events.
addisonbr

Postby OKH » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:49 pm

OKH

Postby lekogm » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:41 pm

i like that the guy threw a mega event to commemorate his 2000th find. Man people from far away are weird. :P
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:23 pm

He doesn't have 2000 finds yet--it was his 2000th HIDE and he has 5 event caches currently in the ques.
Tatanka49

Return to GeoCaching