[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - 2008 Metro GC Awards!

2008 Metro GC Awards!

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

2008 Metro GC Awards!

Postby addisonbr » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Voting has concluded at the results are in! Winning caches are marked in bold (note that one category ended in a tie).

I know that it is a cliche, but I'd like to stress that all of the following caches are fantastic additions to the Metro landscape... Every cache on the ballot was nominated by a Metro member as one that made an impact and left a lasting impression. These caches made a difference, and all cache owners should be proud.

Cleverest Camo-
Hanging Around in the Park by pelagori
Magnetic Anomaly by MaitreMind
Central Park Decathlon by EastVillageFamily
The Pool by Team Sporco

Best Themed Cache-

Justice League: Green Lantern by gerkmax
NYC Alpha Jr. by gerkmax, augustojr and Chris Rohner
Mikie MacLeod in Central Park South by Wild-wildbill
High in Central Park by Chunky Runner & Fireweenie

Best Urban Hide-
Manhattan Two-Step by Zackfoot
Can You Help Me? by Ellapops
Dracula’s Revenge by Urban Achievers NYC

On Location NYC - "The Odd Couple" by woodstrider

Nicest Scenery / Best Hike-
Triangulation by Andy Bear and Harry Dolphin

Fir-ry Friend-Bridge View #2 by Brainzane & Yossface
Justice League: Wonder Woman by gerkmax
Half Way to the Springs by Tatanka49

Most Satisfying Puzzle-
PMC – Urban Renewal by EastVillageFamily
New York Subway by addisonbr

Sight Unseen by wsack
Triangulation by Andy Bear and Harry Dolphin

Best Lunchtime Cache-
Like a Needle in a Haystack by pohsibrob
World’s Most Famous Arena: 33 by augustojr

On Location in NYC -- "August Rush" by Tatanka49
A Walk In The Park by Powderplayer

Best Series (TIE)-
On Location NYC by woodstrider and various

Paladin Quest by Paladin8
American Authors by Paladin8

Cache of the Year-

Central Park Decathlon by EastVillageFamily
Mikie MacLeod in Central Park South by Wild-wildbill
Measuring Circles by childofatom
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation by bonick0
addisonbr

Re: 2008 Metro GC Awards!

Postby Autorita » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Thank you so much for the award!!! I'm honored to be part of the MNGS and it is definitely an honor to have one of my caches chosen for an award this year!!! Congrats to all the other nominees and winners! I look forward to placing more memorable and fun caches this year!

Woo! :D
Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby lekogm » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Looks like we're going to have to have a cache off to settle this tie!

Congrats to everyone!
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby Child Of Atom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:26 pm

:ymapplause: :-bd :ymapplause: \:D/ :ymapplause: :-bd :ymapplause:

Congratulations to all of the winners! I've found about half of the caches nominated, but this is great motivation to get out to some of those outer borough hides. This was a great slate of nominations and they all deserve recognition.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my caches. I am thrilled that Scholars Gate in particular was nominated, and won.

I look forward to a new year of great caches to put up for nominations next year!
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby gerkmax » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Thank you all! I feel honored to have just been nominated. And to have tied with Bonick0's... wow! Thank you! Thank you! :ymhug: \m/ \:D/
gerkmax

Postby BLAA » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:36 pm

...I still think the real winners are those of us who get to pursue and log your world-class caches!!
THANK YOU!

...and keep 'em coming (please)
BLAA

Postby Bonick0 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Congratulations to everyone! We shall do even better next year. Thanks to all who voted :ymparty:
Bonick0

Return to GeoCaching