[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Check you cache logs

Check you cache logs

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Check you cache logs

Postby peeves79 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:25 pm

I was given a heads up by a NJ cacher that goes by the name weathernowcast aka Brian. He notices a cacher who logged a couple of his hides but didn't sign any logs. He noticed that this same person logged six of my caches. I randomly checked two of my caches for this cacher's name but it was not listed. I politely sent an email to this cacher on christmas eve. I mentions the rules requiring signing of the log to get a smile and that none of his/her posts said anything regarding trouble signing the logs. I told him/her in my email that he/she needed to reply back to my email clarifying why he/she did not sign my logs. Well it is now Jan 11 and it has been ample time for a reply email but I have not received any. I also know he/she has logged on GC.com after my email. Therefore, today I had a first. I deleted someone's log for six of my caches. And Bob, yes I did have a WTF moment.

I am a bit pissed off about it. Any ways, I really don't want to black list some one but he/she brought it upon them-self. The cacher's name is Frunkiss.

Please check your logs for Frunkiss if he/she has claimed a find for your caches. Thanks

Matt
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Re: Check you cache logs

Postby Harry Dolphin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:05 pm

There goes that dolphin causing problems again! All I did was to commend him for finding 35 caches in a major snowstorm! 7" that day. Pretty much closed down the state. And two of them were down a road that is barely passable in good weather. I have not checked mine yet, but I shall. I did check one local cache that he logged, and there was no signature. But, what surprises me is that he logged a DNF on a 5/1 cache. Do drive-bys log DNFs?
Harry Dolphin

Postby buttaskotch » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:57 pm

The attached are the affected caches. Looks like Tatanka and Cookie Queen are the hardest hit here in NYC.
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 1.png
buttaskotch

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Yeah,I noticed them when Peeves posted and hadn't had a chance to go over and check logs. But then again, what does it matter? Except for telling me and other cachers "it's still there" there's really no harm done. I'm not going to go crazy over it. I would rather have the 'fake finds' than someone mugging the caches.
Tatanka49

Postby peeves79 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby addisonbr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 pm

addisonbr

Postby addisonbr » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Just as a follow-up, I noticed today that there's no record of "Oculus Prime" (the mystery cacher from this thread) in any of my cache logs anymore. Not sure when it happened, but it appears that groundspeak erased him and all of his finds at some point.
addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Tatanka49

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Ok, I'm confused again. How does one do that "quote" thing? Whatever I did, the last posting wasn't right.

I jsut wanted to quote :
But to go out just to make sure that Joe Bagodonuts ...

I haven't heard that term Jpe Bagodonuts in 20 years. I only know one other person who uses it and he had to expalin to me what it meant...

J
Tatanka49

Postby peeves79 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby addisonbr » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:44 am

Noticed something strange tonight.

Got a log notification from a cacher claiming a Found It for Bridges & Arches, back on March 10th. But I just checked the cache a few days ago and there was no physical log from anyone for that time period. Then I got a watchlist notification tonight for the same cacher claiming a Found It for It Begins at the Inventor's Gate, also on March 10th. But that cache wasn't even published until about a week later. Curious.

Then I poked around a little and noticed other odd logs... Like a log for B339, dated three days before EVF replaced the muggled container. A log for Crossroads of the World, but without the required photo. A log for Umpire Rock, again without the required photos.

It could all be nothing - a combination of accidentally clicking the wrong date for some logs, plus maybe not understanding the ALRs for a few caches.

But I thought it was strange.
addisonbr

Postby gerkmax » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:31 am

Also, he logged a find on "Walk Thru Water" on a Saturday when the area is closed. Strange indeed.
gerkmax

Postby EastVillageFamily » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Who is this?
I just sent nasty email to the cacher who said, " I saw where ramble On was hidden, but couldn't sign the log due to muggles, so I'm claiming a find". He may have already deleted this log.
EastVillageFamily

Postby EastVillageFamily » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Oh, my bad, I found him.
Yeah, I noticed this guy when he simultaneously logged all my CP caches with the same robotic text. Then I looked up his profile and saw he was a tourist cacher from Germany. I thought, I'm not going to start a debate with a cacher around the world who probably doesn't speak English. But now you point out that his B339 log is before it was in place, so maybe I have to send him a simple email in German and English that says,

"Hey, your logs for all my caches don't make sense. You could not have logged them all on that date. Please correct them or we may have to delete those that do not have log book entries."

If he did this to everyone in NYC on the same day, I'm tempted to send him a list of the caches he claimed to have logged that day from all of us, saying, no fair!
This is rare obnoxious Geo-tourist behavior. I just made a South American delete his logs. If he didn't sign any log book anywhere, we should tell Groundspeak too.
EastVillageFamily

Postby Child Of Atom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Happened to be by "A Million In Cache" which he claimed a find on. No physical log. Given that and his logs on days when caches didn't yet exist... I've deleted them. (Besides Inventors Gate he logged Catch The Cat before it was published.)
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Next

Return to GeoCaching