[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Responsible muggles

Responsible muggles

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Responsible muggles

Postby Bonick0 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:35 pm

My "Know Thy Elements" cache was accidentally found today by a muggle. This person already created a gc account and posted a nice log about the find. I am really excited s/he did not jut throw the container away, but instead chose to join the game. We might just have a new player in our midst.
Bonick0

Re: Responsible muggles

Postby addisonbr » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 pm

That rules!

When I found Phase 7 of Alan2's 1776 series up in the Bronx, I wasn't surprised to see that EVF had beat me to the cache - but I was surprised that a muggle had claimed the FTF two or three weeks before publication! According to his log he had been out looking for mushrooms or moss or something along those lines (the memory, it fades with age) and stumbled across the ammo can (which was pretty well hidden actually). He signed the log, took nothing and left a union handbook. Nice to occasionally be reminded that not all muggles are destructive tornadoes.
addisonbr

Postby addisonbr » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Actually reminds me of my favorite log ever. I wasn't lucky enough to stumble across it myself, but it still cracks me up. I've mailed it to a number of my non-geocaching friends.

It spans these four photos:

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/3f6 ... 971374.jpg
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/631 ... f51954.jpg
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/29b ... e1ed41.jpg
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/664 ... 2871fb.jpg
addisonbr

Postby buttaskotch » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:55 am

buttaskotch

Postby fats277 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:18 pm

I think my cache in Sunset Park by the docks was found by a responsible civilian - there was an attempt to rehide, although no note on the log, which would have been cool. Stash notes are useful when they fit.

fats277
fats277

Postby halijusapa » Thu May 01, 2008 6:45 pm

halijusapa

Return to GeoCaching