[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - The Congratulations Thread

The Congratulations Thread

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Re: The Congratulations Thread

Postby halijusapa » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 am

Since no one's posted to this thread in awhile I thought I'd "toot our own horn" and say that we accomplished our 300th find on December 15th.

Normally a 1/1 micro would seem a lame way to make for a milestone find (it was the newest replacement of a cache in the "Paladin Quest" series), but when I noticed it I knew we'd have a good shot at an FTF so chanced that we could make our milestone special that way (and we did! after lots of "near misses" and going 238 finds before our first FTF we now have 4 of them plus one of the days of Paladin's "7 Days of FTFs" cache).
halijusapa

Postby buttaskotch » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Heya! Halijusapa Congrats!!!!
buttaskotch

Postby halijusapa » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:12 pm

halijusapa

Postby gerkmax » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:09 am

Congrats on your 300th!
gerkmax

Postby addisonbr » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:21 pm

Just saw this, so it looks like more congratulations are in order:

addisonbr

Postby gerkmax » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Congrats Butta! 8-)

Also, congrats to...... me. I just hit 200! :D

Damn, seems weak compared to Butta's 1000+ finds. :cry:
gerkmax

Postby peeves79 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby buttaskotch » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 am

When you consider mmacgown nearing 5000 and stayfloopy who is nearing 10K, our finds look relatively small.
But each and every find is another smiley, another adrenaline rush and an another good day.
I expect to see your numbers rise dramatically come spring!
buttaskotch

Postby buttaskotch » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 am

By the way thank you AddisonBR and Gerkmax for congratulating me.
Gerkmax, 200 is a significant achievement, I think it took me nearly 2 years to get there.
It was Dog & Bear who gave me a gentle push at the Dinering at the Verb event Dec 2007, he gave me a geocoin he won and told me he wanted to see me hit 250 with in the month as I stalled out with caching.

After that I took off, this Christmas I did over 250 caches in 2 weeks to get to my milestone, now that I am where I wanted to be at I am gonna take it easier--that was exhausting!
buttaskotch

Postby halijusapa » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am

Congrats to both Gerkmax and Buttaskotch!

Gerk, don't worry too much, we all have our pace and as long as we enjoy doing it and have great adventures along the way, that's fine. Took us 2 years to get to 200 and while my goal (now at 310) is 400 before the end of 2009, who knows? Our caching slows down a lot from Dec-Mar (though this year at 4 finds was our biggest Jan yet), though we do try to have at least one find in each calendar month.
halijusapa

Postby addisonbr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:44 am

Heck, it took me four years to get #2!

Once I cleared out the bulk of what I could get to without a car, my finds really slowed down and I realized that a lot of numerical milestones were going to take me a while. I noticed the other day that I seem to be spending more time maintaining my hides than finding new caches - and I only have six active listings! No complaints though... I may not be able to keep up numerically, but I'm not going to quit golfing just because I can't shoot Tiger's score* :)

addisonbr

Postby lekogm » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 pm

the frosted flakes guy golfs?
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby gerkmax » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 pm

I know, I was just joking about the numbers. I have two kids and a wife, so I cache when I can. Remember, I know "it's not about the numbers", even have it on my profile. haha.

But I'll get up there as time gets freed up.
gerkmax

Postby halijusapa » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm

halijusapa

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Talk about needing a push...I'm 13 short of 1500 and I don't have the time or the oomph to get those last few. It's been about a month since I cached. A little less snow and hopefully I'll hit that goal in a week or two.

J
Tatanka49

PreviousNext

Return to GeoCaching