[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - NY Admin strikes again!

NY Admin strikes again!

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

NY Admin strikes again!

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:03 am

I recently placed a new micro. It was called 'Say "Pepsi, Please" I was turned down by NY Admin for two reasons...I used a commercial name in the cache title and because I used a clip from the NY Times without permission. I made adjustment and changed what was needed. But as a note, I found 10 other caches nationwide that uses the word "Pepsi" in its title. And the NY Times clipping is from a public website and the source and date was noted. Definately not plagierism in the world of historical research.. but with Big Brother, it's hard to say. I wonder if GC.com gets permission from all those publications that they cite each week in their 'In the News" section. So I'm not sure if NYA is over-zealous or just not sure of the actual rules.
Tatanka49

Re: NY Admin strikes again!

Postby lekogm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:24 am

On the cache page for the short lived Sakura Park Cache, GC14HQM, I had blatantly just copied and pasted from the NYC Parks website their park description and NY Admin published it. In this instance I think he's being over zealous.........
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby buttaskotch » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:12 am

Sounds like NY Admin was having a bad day and taking it out on you
buttaskotch

Postby hukilaulau » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:12 pm

From reading the GC.com forums it appears that there is an edict from TPTB to reviewers to start defining "comercial cache" a lot more strictly than in the past. So anything with a trademarked name mentioned in it is likely to be rejected, even if similar ones have been approved in the past.
hukilaulau

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:28 pm

TPTB?
Tatanka49

Postby paulo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:32 pm

the powers that be
paulo
Site Admin

Postby EastVillageFamily » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:21 pm

I just got a cache rejected because I included a quote from a movie review on Netflix.com There was nothing objectionable about the quote, the problem was that I attributed it to Netflix. The NY Admin emailed me to explain that they are cracking down on anything that looks vaguely like commercial advertising. So I removed the attribution and left the quote. Hopefully that will be fine.
EastVillageFamily

Postby addisonbr » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm

What the NY Admin emailed you matches my recent experiences.

For New York Subway, I was asked to remove a link to the MTA web site. The linked page didn't sell MetroCards but it described where you could go to buy them. Luckily I was allowed to keep the link to the MTA subway map.
addisonbr

Postby peeves79 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:53 pm

doh!! It got me on both the mystery caches I was going to put out. Looks like one is gone forever because it is religious in nature but it was not my intention to promote Catholicism. I don't even believe in religion. I guess I will have to turn it into a traditional instead. The other for now is too close to one of my other caches. I thought they would give me a pass considering the search area for the mystery cache is spelled out to the word on the cache page and the containers are at the opposite ends of the size spectrum and specified on the cache page as well. I emailed NYADMIN to clarify this if they overlooked it. Hopefully they will give me a pass. We shall see
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Could there be TWO NY Admin's? Sometime stuff goes right through and others get hung up for the same reasons. Some of the postings are worded one way, and some another. Over the weekend I posted 5 caches (a traditional, 2 SPARES and 2 Movies) The hides for one spare and one movie were identical. I described the location in my reviewer note. One went through, the other did not. I was told that where I placed it was private property and permission was needed...but only on one, and not the other. Go figure....
Tatanka49

Postby addisonbr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 pm

That is very odd.

I don't know how many Admins there are, but I think someone approved a virtual by mistake today:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 2b947fbcb8
addisonbr

Postby Bonick0 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:56 am

Have you guys seen this - ? Pofe is a reviewer for NJ and CT.
Bonick0

Postby buttaskotch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:02 pm

buttaskotch

Postby halijusapa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:45 pm

I think the "Pofe" cache is a very cute idea.
halijusapa

Postby Tatanka49 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:43 am

There was one, I believe also in NJ, where they set a 'trap' for Stayfloopy. It egged him on the get that one as a FTF I think.
Tatanka49

Next

Return to GeoCache Hides