[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Stupid Muggles!

Stupid Muggles!

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Stupid Muggles!

Postby everettlane » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 pm

No real question here, I just needed to vent. Another one of my caches has been muggled, after only 5 days in the field! Arrrghwhchghrrrr. And I thought the hide was pretty good. So far, of the 7 caches I've placed, 4 have gone missing. That's 57.1428571%! I'm beginning to think that someone is stalking my caches. Or maybe I just need better camo.
everettlane

Re: Stupid Muggles!

Postby gerkmax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 am

Are you replacing in the exact same spot?
gerkmax

Postby addisonbr » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:45 am

If it makes you feel any better, it's not just you.

I've placed 16 caches. Of those, 7 have been muggled... I'm not quite at 57.1428571%, but it's still clocking at a healthy .4375%. And 5 of those 7 have been muggled more than once - I think of my 16 placements, I've suffered a total of 15 mugglings.

Maintaining caches in NYC is just a different bird.
addisonbr

Postby everettlane » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me :) I guess with 8.2 million people in New York, someone's bound to notice our caches.

Germax, I've only replaced one cache in the same spot. One I wrote off (my first cache, actually) and the same spot is now home to someone else's cache. Maybe he'll have better luck. Two of three stages of a puzzle cache got muggled (although one was possibly squirreled) and I've hidden those in different spots. I gave up on the most recent loss as I don't feel like sacrificing another bison tube.

Thanks for letting me kvetch.
everettlane

Postby pelagori » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 pm

i find some hides last longer than others. 'end of promenade' is a good example; love the location and its an award winner but the cache has needed to be replaced 3 times already. i buy keyhides in bulk....

others like coenties & stone have lasted past all my expectations and the original cache is still in place in an eminently mugglable spot.

i place the hides knowing they will probably get zapped at some point and i think you have to be philosophical on this point.

transit alternatives was a clever and original hide BTW and should have lasted better than it did. i would give that one just one more go - i thought it was a cool hide.

i took my kids (hf149 and "perciusf" (i think)) past the newly replaced cleopatra's needle this morning and they both loved that one - the look on their faces when the cool discovery was made was worth it... i would say try and keep the cool original cache placements going at least a couple of attempts before giving up...

n
... (AKA Nick).
pelagori

Postby everettlane » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Nick. I've just ordered some more bison tubes (found some here, only $1 each! http://tinyurl.com/ylafbyo ) and will try to replace Transit Alternatives. But more sneaky-like this time.
everettlane

Postby halijusapa » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 pm

halijusapa

Postby Sparrows_Gold » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 pm

I have to replace "The M Club" a few times but only becasue one of the Doormen was watching!
Its still worth the effect becasue of all the people who find it!

Sparrows_Gold

Postby addisonbr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 am

addisonbr

Postby Child Of Atom » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby addisonbr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:52 pm

addisonbr

Postby gerkmax » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Wait a min... :shock:

CHILDOFATOM IS NY ADMIN?!?!? :o RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

HAHAHA! :lol: :lol:
gerkmax

Postby Child Of Atom » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby lekogm » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 pm

--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby halijusapa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm

halijusapa

Next

Return to GeoCache Hides