[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Cache Placement Etiquette

Cache Placement Etiquette

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Re: Cache Placement Etiquette

Postby Child Of Atom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I've had several puzzles held up from publication because NYA was having difficulty following the puzzle descriptions. Most recently Inventors Gate. I gave what I felt to be a very thorough set of solving instructions, and obviously they followed them to test the puzzle because they emailed back with the very question that seems to be the most challenging aspect of that puzzle so far. Maybe it is similar to the new Challenge Cache rule, they have to make sure that the puzzle is actually solvable?
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby EastVillageFamily » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm

EastVillageFamily

Postby addisonbr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 pm

addisonbr

Postby peeves79 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 pm

So if GC.com is not supporting KMl files from Google Earth, then how are we suppose to do "cache along a route"?
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby addisonbr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 pm

They're still supporting .kml generation, just not the dynamic network .kml function - where as you scroll around, GE queries the groundspeak database and shows you the nearby caches.
addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 pm

I did my first Route PQ 2 weeks ago. I had mixed opinions. The route is gradually being changed to an interstate from a US highway. (similar to NY17 going to I86) It sent me to cashes along alternative routes or re-numbered routes. some caches were as much as 5 miles from what the requested route was due to the renumbering. And when a route disappears in an urban area..sometimes it gives you all the caches nearby (It gave me alomst 50 in the Memphis area) or almost none in other urban areas (1 in downtown Birmingham) Same highway.

I found it was a good tool, but I really had to go in and check each entry.
Tatanka49

Postby BLAA » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:22 am

I still see the "Download Google Earth KML" as an option for my bookmark lists ... I found this very handy in creating a custom map for a new area I'm hitting.

Is this option scheduled for the bone pile?
BLAA

Postby addisonbr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 am

From everything I've read, no. It's just the dynamic plug-in that's getting the heave-ho.
addisonbr

Postby scuba4jews » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Used Google earth to place my first cache and so far no complaints.. but wont work for where I want to place larger caches so....
scuba4jews

Previous

Return to GeoCache Hides