[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - My first hide

My first hide

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

My first hide

Postby peeves79 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:08 pm

I just hid my first cache today in Queens. I am really excited about it :mrgreen: . It is called "Little Green Men: Earth's last Hope???". So keep an eye out for it. Hopefully I did it justice considering it is my first.

Matt aka peeves79 :ugeek:
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Re: My first hide

Postby Tatanka49 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Congratulations! It's a great feeling when you start getting hits. And there are too few in Flushing Meadow. That's a tough location unless you go micro since the park is well maintained and there are few hiding spots. I had a few there. I have just one left. Muggles is also a huge factor.

I look forward to getting over there. I liked your unusual write up. It almost looks like a mystery cache.
Tatanka49

Postby Bonick0 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I just submitted my first one. It's pretty easy and straight forward, but don't worry - I have a few interesting ones in the works 8-)
Bonick0

Postby hallycat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:26 pm

hallycat

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Trash, yes. But they remove dead trees, logs, trees with holes, thick bushes and so on. Most NYC parks are like that unless you have woods of some sort.
Tatanka49

Postby EastVillageFamily » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:28 pm

In a smaller city park you can make friends with the gardener or grounds people. This is how I stopped one of my caches from getting swept up in the quarterly clean up that they do at most city parks. In the large parks you have to be more careful about your hides since you don't know who's going to be trying to clean up that part of the park next. In Central Park and Prospect Park there are various volunteer organizations that sometimes get over zealous. And sometimes you get lucky and find a corner of a park that no one wants to clean up...
EastVillageFamily

Return to GeoCache Hides