[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - On Location NYC - A new geocache series in NYC

On Location NYC - A new geocache series in NYC

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Re: On Location NYC - A new geocache series in NYC

Postby Tatanka49 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:42 pm

Okay...I threw my hat in the ring. I just submitted "A Bronx Tale" I included MetroGC in the owner title for the sole purpose of getting the name out and to show that we are doing something as a group. Maybe the others should have it added as well. Tomorrow I will probably place another.
Tatanka49

Postby Tatanka49 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:28 pm

I just applied for a new one for August Rush.
Tatanka49

Postby EastVillageFamily » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 pm

I liked the way August Rush was presented; explaining the significance of both the film scenes and the church.
We need a clickable icon for http://www.metrogc.org to bring cachers in. They need to be able to quickly check it out before they forget about it.
EastVillageFamily

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I know...PAUL!!!! What's the hold up (besides not having a logo?)
Tatanka49

Postby woodstrider » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:56 pm

Woodstrider here

I started this series with it in mind that anyone could place a hide to add to the series- The only criteria is that the series is about NYC as the greatest filming location designation in the world! For it truely is...no other city offers as much production value.
Please- Read "film" as to include movies(my first hide), TV (my second hide) adverts, music videos.... get the idea.
I kinda hope that the challenge will be taken up in other towns, too, and that great locations will be identified. This is not an orginal idea and I have many (and you know who you are) to thank for showing me where some of my fav films have been shot. But I kinda like have a title that organizes the series. There are so many film fans out there who would, I feel, appreciate the chance to visit their fav film locations.

By the way, I am starting a few other series and I welcome anyone to add their hides to them, just keep it on topic, please.
woodstrider

Postby Tatanka49 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 pm

I just have to laugh....film companies flock to NYC to make films here, yet they go to Vancouver or Toronto to do NYC scenes. Go figure.
Tatanka49

Postby lekogm » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:54 am

I know, don't remind me. I lose work because of it all the time but I mean, but it's cheaper to make a film in Canada so I can't fault them on good business sense.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby sgtbill572 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Hi, my account just got activated and I had to smile when I read this chain of posts. One of my criteria for cache placement was a movie site so I had hides that predated the On location series. Actually Where's MJ? (spiderman), Who ya gonna call? (ghostbusters) and MiB where hidden by me ;) . The Diner is gone transported out west but the other two sites are still there.
-Bill
sgtbill572

Postby addisonbr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:33 pm

addisonbr

Postby jlrenter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:59 am

I can't believe nobody mentioned "sex and the city" yet. They used some iconic NYC backdrops.

I think the film locations are a great series!!! (although my attempts have ended in DNF's for both Who Ya Gonna Call and Where's MJ... but I'm not complaining. A challenge is good)

Not only is it fun for those who live local, but also a great way for an out-of-towner to geocache and get to know the city. I know I always preferred exploring a new city away from the tourist traps. And, if at all possible, if some of those caches can hold TB's (especially in the city) then those could be great places to send TB's to foreign destinations. I think MiB is already doing that.
jlrenter

Postby buttaskotch » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:04 am

buttaskotch

Postby addisonbr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 am

addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Since there are so many locations, I like buttaskotch's idea of the umbrella cache. I wouldn't go crazy with just S&C becasue we all know that Law and Order will be next. :P
Tatanka49

Previous

Return to GeoCache Hides